Fixed 12 month Contract - Maternity Cover
Competitive Salary - £20K to £22K (dependent on experience)
Our Client is a leading distributor / reseller of barcode data capture, information control and barcode auto ID technologies. Formed in 1988, they have built close relationships with some of the industries key manufacturers and are specialists in the latest barcode scanning, label printing, magnetic stripe and smart card markets.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person who has experience as a Purchaser/Buyer. You will be confident with the ability to communicate with people at all levels within the business and it's customer/supplier base. You will need excellent diplomatic communication skills and able to multi-task in a demanding environment. The successful candidate will need to be able to handle conflicting priorities in a change orientated environment and be proactive, professional and committed to providing first class customer service.
You will need at least a year's experience in purchasing/buying and with a minimum of 5 GCSE's Grade C or above including Mathematics and English. Additionally, you will have a good knowledge of Microsoft word and excel and knowledge of Sage 200 would be an advantage.
This role is an important part of our Clients business and imperative to customers receiving the
right product within the agreed timescales. You will be responsible for purchasing various
products and services as required by the customer at the best possible price from a selection of
Responsibilities and Duties
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure that they are purchase at the right price, with the right quantity and that it is delivered to the customer within the agreed timescales.
- Accurate back to back ordering of products to meet our customer requirements.
- Keeping an eye on stock levels
- Maintain Supplier relationships on a regular basis and source discounts and special offers to use when purchasing products.
Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of procurement principles and practices within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to enter data accurately
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Sage 200
- Ability to drive tasks to completion
- Organised with strong time management
- Positive attitude
- Flexible approach
In return my client is offering a basic salary upto £22,000.00 . Our client offers a great working environment with full support every step of the way!
Hours of work will be Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm (Hour Lunch)
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.