Advancing People Multilingual are working with a well-established client based in Birmingham, who due to their continued success are looking to recruit a permanent European Portuguese In-house Translator to join their friendly team.
The main purpose of this role is to translate documentation and other texts from Portuguese into English & English to Portuguese ensuring that the target text reads like original using computer assisted translation tools where directed to optimise the translation process.
- Ensuring that all new and updated paperwork is translated in a timely manner.
- Translating updated Policy and Procedure Manuals
- Translating In Store Presentation Updates as necessary
- Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used.
- Using appropriate software for slick presentation and delivery (mainly InDesign and Trados).
- Researching legal, technical and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation.
- Liaising with clients to discuss any unclear points.
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions.
- Liaising with European offices regularly depending on the content of the material to be translated.
- Retaining and developing specialist knowledge on specialist areas of translation.
- Fluent in European Portuguese
- Previous experience in the translation field working with CAT tools is highly desirable.
- A postgraduate qualification in translation is desirable.
- A keen eye for detail, with an ability to work accurately under pressure in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Highly IT literate.
This is a full time position and a fantastic opportunity to work with a forward thinking and expanding company.
Offering a salary of £22,000 - £24,000 with fantastic company benefits.