Advancing People are working on behalf of PJ Care Ltd who are a leading provider of specialist neurological care and neuro rehabilitation for people with progressive or acquired neurological conditions. PJ Care specialise in the care and treatment of adults and their residents are at the heart of everything which they do. Dignity, independence and holistic wellbeing is achieved through specialist care models, in-house therapies and activities provided.
PJ Care are currently seeking an Interim Management Accountant to cover Maternity for up to 12 months initially.
Take full responsibility for the company's day to day financial accounting practices and management information systems. Produce and analyse monthly management accounts. Manage the Finance Team and support the Board in achieving the company's objectives.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the day to day accounting records of the company, to satisfy all compliance and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, analyse and report on variances.
- Ensure that the assets and liabilities of the company are correctly stated at all times.
- Ensure that day to day accounting processes prevent the use of company resources and funds for any purpose other than authorised commercial activities.
- Produce the reconciled Trial Balance to monthly or other deadlines as required by management.
- Manage the reporting on the Key performance indicators of the company, and ensure this is communicated with all head of departments.
- Manage day to day banking and credit/charge card facilities.
- Maintain the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance Team at all times, including (but not limited to) the supervision of staff, the allocation of tasks, evaluation of performance and training needs, segregation of duties, and suitable sharing of job knowledge.
- Promote the Finance function as a key part of the business, operating at all times in a professional and service oriented manner, in the best interests of the business.
- Respond to the general day to day accounting information needs of functional management.
- Work with Operating Management to ensure that day to day sales ledger activity at the locations is appropriate, accurate and reliable, and ensure that all monies receivable are collected in a timely fashion. Report all risks to management. Manage the collection of referred sales ledger debts.
- Ensure that all monies payable are properly authorised, recorded to the correct business unit and cost code prior to release for payment, and that suitable systematic controls are in place to ensure this.
- Assist internal and external audit processes to ensure that all deadlines and disclosure issues are responded to, and ensure that all information required for reporting to the Board and the shareholders is maintained on a timely and reliable basis.
- Manage the cash flow for the company to ensure sufficient funds are available to operate the daily financing of the business.
- Other accounting and information activities as may be required by management from time to time.
- CIMA or ACCA qualified or in final stage of qualification.
- Extensive commercial experience, in a small to medium sized business
- Experienced in producing ad analysing management accounts
- Experienced in Sage 200 or Sage 50 or Equivalent
- Finance team supervision and staff management
- Management of Creditors and Debtors
- Balance Sheet management and reconciliation
Rewards & Benefits
PJ Care are a business who believe in growth and development and are committed to investing in people.
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer a range of excellent benefits including a pension scheme, employee assistance programme, retail discounts, subsidised meals, free parking, childcare vouchers and free uniforms.
Full time (40 hours per week) 08:00 - 17:00
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £35,000.00 to £42,000.00 /year
- accounting: 3 years (Required)