Advancing People have an exciting opportunity as a Junior Intel Operator for one of our very established IT Client's based in Bedford.
Ideally suit someone who wants to start their IT career and keen to learn and develop as on the job training will be provided and if successfully complete, progression available
Our client keeps businesses running, providing businesses with mission critical IT support since 1987. With over thirty years experience in the IT industry they provide the infrastructure behind many of the largest brands in the UK. Specialising in mission critical systems through their Tier 4 data centre, they provide the ecommerce backbone for high street retailers whilst managing 10% of the UK's banking traffic, keeping business running all over the world. From hardware and hosting to software and support.
To undertake an on-the-job development programme that will support a full delivery of 1st Line
Support to Managed Services Customers. To support other Operations Colleagues in
day to day management of 1st Line Support function.
Supporting the daily and OOH operational tasks within our Service Desk function for our Managed
Service customers, including incident, change and request
The role involves working on a shift patters on 12 hours' shifts, including days and nights.
The role is expected to progress into an Intel Operator after the initial training period.
Key result areas
* To undertake a development programme during the training period on the job that will
encompass both internal and external training, including technical and soft skills
* To develop knowledge and understanding of products and services available to customers
within the technical stream, including VMware, Windows and Backup products
* To learn and develop full understanding of the technical systems and processes used within
* Monitor the alerting tool (Itheon) for customer / internal alerts, escalate where required.
* Monitor the ticket system (Landesk) queue to ensure tickets do not breach SLAs and escalate
* After a period of training to resolve and close relevant tickets where possible.
* To provide 1st line support for Intel, Networks, Unix & Itheon teams - once trained
* Follow the correct procedures and offer suggestions for improvements where relevant as
well as update the procedures with changes where required.
* To develop Intel technical skills working alongside the Intel team.
* Maintain accurate documentation for systems and applications as required.
* Be a productive member of the Intel Operations team.
* To support the work required in the Service Desk function on a 24 x 7 basis.
* To understand and fulfil the responsibilities for secure management of personal data of both
internal and external customers in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018
Key Personal Requirements
* Experience in an IT or customer service environment in a B2B business
* Commitment to development within the IT operational role
* Basic to good level of practical/hands on understanding of IT concepts and systems
* A highly motivated, enthusiastic and determined individual
* Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical nature
* Inquisitive and proactive
* Fast learner and able to take ownership of learning opportunities
* Ability to explain technical concept to customers
* Confidence to ask questions and offer ideas
* Passionate about Exceptional Customer Service
* Ability to follow instructions well and focus on the task in hand
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Willingness to learn and openness to opportunities as they come
* Willingness to get involved at all levels of work carried out by the team
* Ability to achieve targets and meet deadlines
* Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers and colleagues
* Ability to work under own initiative
* Good team player
* Accuracy and attention to detail
For this you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of £18K basic pa plus a generous shift allowance of £11K+ -which equates to £29K+ pa
* Shift pattern is 7 till 7, 4 on, 4 off, days and nights
Benefits from start date:
* 25 days holidays (pro rata on start date)
* On site gym
* Use of Personal Trainers
* Deep Tissue Sports Massage (1hr session)
* Relaxing Massage (20 Min session)
* Free eye test
* £100 towards glasses for new prescription
* Fruit Baskets
* Lifestyle Benefits
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Extensive health and wellbeing educational programmes delivered in-house
Benefits after probation:
* 5% of basic salary contributed into pension fund
* Life Assurance
* Private Medical Insurance (inc spouse/partner & children)
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Income Protection Scheme
* Travel Insurance
* Will Writing
* Tax Return Service
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!! Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.