Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are recruiting for an IT Services Technician on behalf of a leading software provider based in Bedfordshire. They are a FTSE 100 business operating worldwide and provide software and consultancy to the UK market.
The IT Services Technician supports the applications used to deliver Hosted Services to customers. You will have a high customer focus being actively involved in the support and development of the service including: new customer on-boarding to services; the resolution of support cases; live service monitoring and maintenance; new service provision and continuous improvement projects.
You must have technical knowledge across the Microsoft technology stack, Cloud Services (Azure), networking technologies and a background in application support with a greater level of expertise in one or more areas. You should have a good knowledge of security practices working in a regulated environment and the flexibility to work out of hours will be required, including the possibility of being on call in the future if needed.
Customer - Approximately 80% of workload
- Resolve support requests from customers by phone, email and online making use of the call logging system
- Perform the on-boarding of new customers to the hosted platform and drive improvements to the process
Service - Approximately 20% of workload
- Perform new hosted service implementations
- Patching and upgrade of existing applications
- Proactively monitor platform logs and metrics in order to identify emergent issues, performance improvement opportunities and feed into capacity planning
- Investigate and resolve, or minimise the impact of recurring issues
- Provide feedback on all process and potential improvements
- Keep knowledge base articles and documentation up to date and shared with the team, ensuring that documentation is created for new installations / processes
- Ensure all services are backed up and restore tests are periodically performed
- Adhere to Group, Division and Business Unit processes
- Liaise with key members of staff to ensure product knowledge is kept up to date as well as building internal relationships
- Attend Project Meetings to provide input and advice
- Work with 3rd party vendors to resolve product / service issues that are deemed to lie within a 3rd party application
- Any other tasks set out by the Hosted Services Management Team, which will be linked to customer or business requirements
Essential skills required
- Support of complex applications (required),
- Administration of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 (required)
- Basic administration of SQL Server and ability to query databases (required)
- Basic understanding of networking principles and protocols (required)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure (beneficial)
- Knowledge of scripting languages, for example PowerShell (beneficial)
- Formal certification from Microsoft (MCSE, MCP, MCSA, etc.) (beneficial)
- ITIL v3 (beneficial)
A full clean driving licence or the ability to travel to various sites/events in the UK is required.
In return, our client is offering a salary circa of £25,000 - £27,000 DOE along with excellent company benefits.
For immediate consideration please apply now!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.