Advancing People are recruiting for an experienced Inventory Manager to join a rapidly growing 3PL based in Milton Keynes
Our client is looking for an Inventory Manager with a least 2 years experience, ideally within a mulit-client environment. The ideal candidate will be an experienced man-manager who has managed a team of inventory planners, there will be scope to grow and develop this team further.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Communicating with Clients to ensure relevant information is received for accurate positioning of the Inventory.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees.
- Plan scheduled Client stock takes, engage with other departments for resource planning.
- Create and maintain PI program.
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; Developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains stock accuracy in line with contracted SLA's
- Manages customer stock issues; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain high standards of service to clients each day.
- Manage the cycle count program across the DC
- Deals with stock issues, stock outs and shortages swiftly and communicates results to the client.
- Complete stock inventory requests and report results.
- Coach and mentor the Inventory Team
- Any other reasonable request of senior management
Experience & and key skills required
- Min of 2 years within a similar inventory management role - ideally within a multi-client environment
- Proven management skills - managing a team of at least 5 staff
- Excellent client facing skills
- Highly analytical
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly Organised, meets deadlines.
- Reporting of cycle counts, stock takes
- Knowledgeable in H&S requirements.
- Can contribute ideas and suggestions to team meetings.
- Can identify areas where change of process or procedure can benefit the business and improve customer service.
- Experience of WMS
In return our client is offering a salary between £30,000 to £35,000 per annum plus company benefits.
Working hours are standard office hours Monday to Friday.
Apply Now in complete confidence for the opportunity to meet with my client or contact Lesley Fulton at Advancing People directly for more information. Advancing People Recruitment Specialists Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.