Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are working with an established and successful company based in Bedford. Due to their continued growth they are looking for an experienced HR Advisor.
Our client is looking for a talented and capable HR Advisor to provide a high quality HR advisory service across business units in the UK. Build relationships with people managers across the business, deploying the best practice and adhere to legislative and policy requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide advisory support to HR Business Partner and employees on all HR issues, including providing written updates where necessary
- Support employee relations and promoting positive working practices
- Support the HR Business Partner in the delivery of all HR cyclical activities including, but not limited to, the annual salary, bonus review, talent and succession planning
- Manage all stages of formal process, following company disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Promote and support professional and effective recruitment methods, providing advice and support as required on all recruitment types
- Ensure effective on boarding of new starters to include but not limited to inductions, reviews, training etc. Carry out new start inductions as required
- Monitor sickness absence levels, following the company's sickness absence policy
- Administer employee maternity and paternity leave, change of hours etc.
- Employee referrals for occupational health, maintaining involvement throughout the process
- Participate in regular reviews of HR and company policies and procedures, in order to monitor effectiveness and suggest improvements
- Involvement in training and people development
- Keep up-to-date with employment law and practice and ensure organisational compliance
- Share knowledge in Open HR administration, to include systems admin, workflow and training
- Involvement in the annual Management Conference and other team building events as required
- Supporting HR administration including employment paperwork as required
- Keeping employment records for all employees up-to-date
- Supporting ad hoc HR requirements such as TUPE, redundancy and HR project-related work.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong working knowledge of employment law
- A good understanding of HR policy, process standards and procedures
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel and Power point
- Account management experience
- CIPD Qualified preferred
- Strong experience as a HR Advisor
This is a full time permanent position offering an annual salary of up to £30,000PA plus attractive company benefits.
Apply now to be considered for interview for this exciting new role!
Advancing People Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.