Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are working with an established and successful Fleet Solutions company based in Bedford. Due to their continued growth they are looking for an experienced HR Advisor.
Our client is looking for a talented and capable HR Advisor to provide full support on all key areas of HR and recruitment processes, both administrative and advisory covering Bedford, Bolton and Luton.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide advisory support to line managers and employees on all HR issues, including providing written updates where necessary
- Support employee relations and promoting positive working practices
- Manage all stages of formal process, following company disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Promote and support professional and effective recruitment methods, providing advice and support as required on all recruitment types
- Ensure effective on boarding of new starters to include but not limited to inductions, reviews, training etc. Carry out new start inductions as required
- Monitor sickness absence levels, following the company's sickness absence policy and use of the Bradford Factor
- Organise random drug and alcohol testing, employee medicals and routine health checks as appropriate
- Site visits as appropriate
- Work co-operatively with the SHEQ and Training departments
- Administer employee maternity and paternity leave, change of hours etc.
- Conduct exit interviews either in person or on the telephone as required
- Manage and/or support the apprenticeship process
- Employee referrals for occupational health, maintaining involvement throughout the process
- Participate in regular reviews of HR and company policies and procedures, in order to monitor effectiveness and suggest improvements
- Involvement in training and people development
- Keep up-to-date with employment law and practice and ensure organisational compliance
- Share knowledge in Open HR administration, to include systems admin, workflow and training
- Involvement in the annual Management Conference and other team building events as required
- To be competent in basic payroll administration in order to support the process in the Payroll Manager's absence.
- Supporting HR administration including employment paperwork as required
- Keeping employment records for all employees up-to-date
- Supporting ad hoc HR requirements such as TUPE, redundancy and HR project-related work.
This is a full time permanent position offering an annual salary of up to £30,000 DOE plus attractive company benefits.
Apply now to be considered for interview for this exciting new role!
Advancing People Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.