Advancing People are working with our very established client who are looking to recruit an Experienced HGV Trailer Fitter who will report to the Workshop Manager.
The overall purpose of this role is to repair, service and maintain HGV trailers.
Key job areas are servicing and MOT preparation, body repairs and basic fault finding.
- Carry out inspections and repair (Transport)
- Undertake standard vehicle/equipment inspections, services and repairs
- Diagnose and rectify electrical and mechanical faults
- Working independently attending and managing routine servicing, site breakdowns and ensuring all repairs are controlled and rectified efficiently
- Participate in providing standby and call-out cover
- Ensure all correct paperwork is completed and accurate records maintained
- Responsible for making technical decisions in the absence of others
- Ensuring work load is prioritised and deadlines met
- Comply with Health and Safety policy and guidance documents
- Adopt safe methods of working
Job Type: Full-time
- Trailer fitter: 1 year (Preferred)
Competitive basic salary and good working hours.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please click on the link below or alternatively call Melanie on 01234 268012 - Advancing People