Advancing People are recruiting for a Health & Safety/Facilities Controller for a global company to based in Bedford. Reporting to the Head of HR, this role will deal with the control and management of all site and off site facilities to include preventative maintenance, repairs and office moves. Management of health and safety issues to ensure compliance with all legislative and best practice requirements.
- Monitoring and management of third party contract provision for cleaning, maintenance, security and catering
- Scheduling maintenance calendar and organising general maintenance work
- Investigating breakdowns/maintenance/cleaning issues to either resolve or call appropriate engineer/support
- Schedule and project manage office/building alterations, decorating requirements
- Monitoring and arranging waste collection services and contracts. Ensuring all environmental rules and followed and amounts monitored for annual reporting
- Monitoring catering contract
- Scheduling PM/servicing work on large scale items - boilers, air conditioning etc
- Undertaking water hygiene checks
- Liaise with outsourced logistics provider to manage equipment service contracts, racking inspection/repairs, breakdowns
- Monitoring Security contract and problem solving
- First line of contact for company's Security guards and Security Supervisors
- Providing 24/7 first key holder contact and organising appropriate response to calls
- Ensuring all Intruder alarms are working correctly, being used correctly and are being serviced correctly
- Ensuring all Fire alarms systems are working correctly and are being serviced correctly
- Ensuring the emergency light systems meet current legal requirements, ensure the correct emergency light checks are carried out with repairs being made
- Overall control of the access door system, approving door access and times for staff access. Organising the servicing of the Door access system.
- Overall day to day control of the CCTV systems, weekly checks and approving any use keeping to requirements of the data protection act.
- Undertake CCTV checks after incidents, in accordance with Company Procedures
- Undertake security checks and searches in accordance with Company procedures and with the help and approval from the Head of HR.
Health & Safety
- Provide advice and guidance to management team and staff in relation to legislative compliance and best practice
- Monitor and manage the Fire Safety Systems including Fire Wardens, fire equipment and signage
- Ensure alarms, fire doors and fire-fighting equipment is tested and serviced in line with Fire Regulations
- Carry out fire evacuation as per Fire Regulations
- Ensure all records for above are kept as evidence of the fire Safety System
- Monitor and manage the First Aid systems and replenishments for the site and other off site locations
- Provide advice and mentoring/monitoring of fire wardens, first aiders and safety Reps
- Organise and record training for above roles
- Advising all divisions on H&S issues
- Implementing actions required by insurance companies and other agencies which includes any enforcing Agencies
- Undertake Risk/COSHH/Fire assessments and monitor outstanding actions
- Ireland assessments, advise and keep up to date
- Hold Health and safety meetings on a regular basis and communicate information to the members and all employees
- Carry out accident investigations where required
- Carry out investigations for any claims made against the Company due to accidents or environmental issues
- Provide advice and guidance on health and safety matters to colleagues in Ireland
- Approve and sign off of all facility, environmental invoices, up to defined value
- Approve to line manager any relevant invoices above the limit
- First contact with the Energy Broker Utility Wise and monitoring the electric and gas suppliers, meter reading and invoices
- Ordering services and items required by site using SAP accounts, internet purchases using accounts, credit card and cash
Skills & Experience Required
- Broad awareness and knowledge of facility, security and health & safety management
- Maintain sound knowledge of H&S legislation and best practice
- NEBOSH certification
- COSHH certification
- Multiple stakeholder management experience
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Financial awareness with ability to manage budgets
- Practical maintenance and repair skills/knowledge
Salary: Up to £50,000 dependent on experience.
Benefits: 10% OTE Performance Bonus + Pension (6% Employer Contribution, 3% Employee Contribution), Private Medical Cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday (+ Bank holidays).
Location: Bedford (within 30 minutes commute, as will be the primary key holder in the event of an emergency)
Apply Now in complete confidence for the opportunity to meet with my client or contact Lesley Fulton at Advancing People directly for more information. Advancing People Recruitment Specialists Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.