Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are working manufacturing company based in Flitwick. Due to continued Company growth, they now have the opportunity to recruit a Finishing Department Supervisor to work alongside/within their existing team.
Our client is looking for someone with strong leadership skills to work alongside their current Finishing Department Supervisors and continue to move the department and company forward, and be willing/flexible about assisting out on any of the Finishing Department work patterns; although, at this time, this will mainly be on the Standard day shift (see 'Hours' section below).
The attributes/experience we are looking for are:
* Minimum 18 months experience working within a manufacturing production Industry
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels (from shopfloor worker to Director level) in a competent, polite and professional manner
- Problem solving techniques
- Excellent Health & Safety knowledge, process and action
- Team orientation and a collaborative working style - flexible working approach to attending all departmental working patterns if necessary
- Ability to multitask in a high-pressure environment
- Mentoring and development of employees to ensure longevity of staff; improve staff moral; increase productivity
- Ability to order and maintain consumable stocks
- Experience in the print or packaging industry would be advantageous but not necessary
In return, they will be looking to offer:
* Hours: Standard days 08.00-16.30 Monday to Thursday (with 1/2 hour lunch unpaid); Friday 08.00-13.30 (no lunch break) - paid as a 39 hour week .
The Department also runs a Double Day shift (early shift: 06.00-1400 Mon-Thurs; 06.00-11.30 Fri / late shift 14.00-22.00 Mon-Thurs; 11.30-17.00 Fri) and a Nightshift (18.00-06.00 Mon night to Fri morning) - all paid as a 37 ½ hour week on shift premium of 1 ¼ on basic rate.
* Hourly/Basic Rate: Competitive - dependent on experience/candidate (circa. £8.45phr +)
* Company Pension: Auto enrolled into Company Scheme after three months at current legislated minimum of 1% employee contribution (this increases to 3% from April 2018). The Company agrees to match any employee contribution up to a maximum of 3%
* Holiday: 20 days holiday per calendar year (January to December) plus all recognised UK Bank Holidays. One Service Award day is earned for every 2 years' service, up to a maximum of 5 Service Award days. The Company has a Christmas closedown and employees are required to reserve 3-4 days of their annual entitlement for the closedown. The Company now adopts 'Average Holiday Pay' based on a 12-week rolling average which includes for any overtime payments in that period - this is only payable against 20 standard days holiday per year (or pro-rata) and does not include Bank Holidays or Service Award days.
* Overtime including weekends: available dependant on business need - not guaranteed and voluntary
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.