Advancing People are very pleased to be supporting our client with this rare opportunity for a Finance Officer. Our client is a progressive, forward looking, small Housing Association, underpinned by Christian values, and committed to supporting people to recover from trauma and the devastating impact of homelessness, in a safe and aspirational environment. They are ahead of the field, in their commitment to deliver services in a psychologically informed way in order to maximise successful outcomes for their clients.
If you are an ambitious, self-motivated individual with an eye for detail and deadlines then this opportunity as their Finance Officer could be for you.
You will be reporting to the part-time Finance Manager, and with line responsibility for a part-time Accounts Assistant, this role will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day financial processing and running of the SAGE50 Accounts package, specifically nominal ledgers and fund accounting, and producing management reports.
A key aspect of the role will be to ensure the timely provision of monthly management accounts and the accurate maintenance of the SAGE ledgers, in conjunction with the Accounts Assistant.
* Produce and distribute Management reports on a monthly basis
* Update and maintain financial reporting systems and SAGE Accounting software
* Prepare reports on an ad-hoc basis for staff/senior management
* Accurately recording and reporting the movement in and status of restricted grants through Sage fund accounts Accurately recording and reporting financial activities relating to fundraising events
* Supporting the Grants Management Officer in providing financial support for periodic grant reports
* Update and maintain financial and reporting systems
* Monthly reconciliation of bank statements, accruals, prepayments, debtor and creditor control accounts.
* Posting and maintaining journal entries, accruals and prepayments
* Reconciling Sage balance sheet accounts to supporting documentation, highlighting and addressing differences.
* Supporting the annual production of statutory accounts and dealing with auditor queries Liaise with the Association's appointed Auditors to ensure a smooth year end audit.
* Maintain Fixed Asset Register and balance against accounting system monthly
* Assist in developing financial processes and procedures
* Seek on-going improvements in transaction processes
* Responsible for the day-to-day functions of the Finance department
* In conjunction with the Finance Manager, be responsible for the Associations banking systems, and to monitor and record current & investment accounts.
* Provide advice and guidance to all departments on the processing of financial records, invoices and payments.
* Ensure the accounts administration filing system is kept up to date.
* Maintain records for facilities equipment hire and property lease agreements
* Liaise with customers to recover overdue funds and resolve any queries relating to outstanding debts
* Attend staff meetings; participate in Annual Appraisals and to undertake training as required by the Association.
* Provide any other support to the Finance Manager as and when required.
* Contribute to consistent management of quality service delivery through the Trusted Charity Mark methodology
* To undertake such duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Employer from time to time, according to the needs of the Employer's business.
Line Management Responsibilities:
* Line management responsibility for the Accounts Assistant who predominately maintains the Sage creditors, payments, petty cash, expenses and time sheet processing (maintenance).
* Ensure Accounts Assistants workload is managed appropriately and to ensure regular 1to1's along with carrying out their Annual Appraisal
* Ensuring that Payroll, Tax, National Insurance and pension payments are paid via appropriate agencies (currently ADP) on a timely basis.
* Ensure careful monitoring of all petty cash expenditure and replenish petty cash for all departments
* Produce customer invoices relating to hostel accommodation and Supported Lodgings
* Manage day to day running of accounts payable and receivable
* Ensure authorisation limits are adhered to in line with financial regulations
* Ensuring supplier invoices are coded correctly
* Ensure bank payments are made in a timely manner and in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures
* Ensure cash/cheques are banked in line with company policy and supporting paperwork is produced and filed
You will need:
* Excellent Accountancy experience
* Ability to work within a small accounting team.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and experience of updating spreadsheets.
* Experience of using on-line payment procedures and systems.
* Ideally, qualified to AAT level 3 or hold a similar accounting qualification.
* Full time role working 37.5 hours per week with flexible start and finish times.
* £28,000 per annum
* Life Insurance
* EAP (Employer Assistance Programme)
* 25 Days' holiday plus public holidays
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.