Advancing People are recruiting for their respected client with an exciting opportunity to join there thriving business as their Finance Manager.
Our client are experts in space planning, design, manufacture and installation of bespoke furniture.They work within all sectors including Football and Golf Clubs, Private members clubs, Leisure, Spas & Hotel, Education and corporate environments. Our client boasts over 25 years of experience and has a well established reputation for quality and high end finishes.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual in all areas of Finance, to help support the Head of Finance and Operations with the day to day running of a small manufacturing site in St Neots.
The role will be responsible for all financial transactions taking place on site and taking on monthly reporting activities to support the new processes being implemented by Head of Finance and Operations and Commercial Director.
Direct reporting line: Head of Finance and Operations
Responsibilities will include:
* Purchase ledger processes - including process of all invoices, reconciliation and supplier management
* Sales ledger processes, including invoicing customers, credit control, CIS reconciliations against payments and contracts retention's management
* Deferred Income management
* Daily review of cash and cashbook management
* Banking activities including payment preparation and submission
* Expenses and company credit card statement/receipts processing
* HMRC Submissions for CIS
* Preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales and National statistic returns
* Payroll assistance as required
* Month end processes, processing journals, accruals and prepayments
* Population of Management Accounts; P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
* Project profitability preparations
* Fixed asset register management
* Balance sheet reconciliations
* Assistance with costing of projects/review of costs
* Managing the project register
* Processing of new orders
* Updating cash flow forecast
* Monthly cost analysis
* Creating analysis commentary for monthly board reporting
* Assistance with sales forecasting and budget preparation
* Assisting Head of Finance and Operations with ad hoc tasks and reporting as required
The successful candidate will be able to operate at speed and prioritise workload dependent on business requirements. This role requires a self motivated individual with a full range of skills. As this is a small manufacturing business, some requirements of work will fall outside of the above parameters, the successful candidate should be able to adapt around these circumstances.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
* Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience
* Good communication skills (written & verbal)
* Good IT skills
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Logical / methodical approach
* Attention to detail
* Computer literate; working knowledge of MS Office
* Good organisational skills
* Assertiveness skills and resilient temperament
* Politeness and ability to remain calm under pressure
Your rewards - very competitive salary of between £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 dependant on experience.
Office working hours - Monday to Friday 8.30 to 5.30
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.