Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are working with an established and successful company based in Central London. Due to their continued growth they are looking for a Buyer to join their team.
My client is looking for:
- A Buyer to join an experienced Buying Team working on a range of blue chip clients.
- Working with the in-house design and sales teams on product ideas and concepts
- Assisting with idea generation and preparation of client presentations
- Managing a core supplier base in Europe and the Far East whilst bringing on new supply routes
- Negotiating costings and ensuring projects are delivered within budget
- Writing detailed product specifications and purchase orders
- Liaising with all departments to ensure projects are delivered to schedule
- Defining quality requirements and managing the quality control process
- Work closely with the UK & Far East operations team to ensure accurate and timely deliveries
Skills and Abilities
- Graduate calibre or higher education
- A can-do attitude and willingness to tackle a diverse array of tasks.
- At least 2 years previous buying experience
- A keen interest in consumer/ promotional products and an interest in quality assurance, ethical sourcing from manufacturers in UK, EU, Turkey and Far East.
- Commercially aware.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to build rapport and communicate at all levels.
- To be a real team player, with personality, empathy and the drive to succeed, with exceptional organisational skills and excellent attention to detail is crucial for this role.
In return our client is offering a salary between £28,000 - £35,000 DOE + excellent benefits. Hours of work will be Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 5.30pm and Friday 9am - 4.15pm
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.