Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are working with a leading logistics company in Bedford who are recruiting for a Business Analyst to join their team.
The role tasks include Business Analysis: Identifying and optimizing opportunities or issues related to the strategic goals, providing definition, analysis, subject matter expertise, critical thinking, creative problem solving, business-case development, performance measurement and testing for any activity related to a specific strategic goal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of strategic and tactical business objectives and assumes both the accountability and responsibility for positive action in support of a strategic goal area
- Mass manipulate data and development business data structures
- Work closely with country SME's to develop appropriate data structures for the relevant countries
- Develops and maintains extensive knowledge of people, processes, procedures and systems deployed in support of a specific strategic goal area.
- Identifies and develops, or assists others who identify and develop, opportunities to improve performance in a specific strategic goal area
- Develops, or assists in developing, business requirements and business cases to support efforts to optimize a specific strategic goal area
- Acts as part of cross functional project teams to deliver goals and delivers given assignments (including implementations) ensuring fully-functional and on-time, on-budget results
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Provide Project updates as and when required
Skills and Abilities
- Well educated (degree level or equivalent experience), preferably in the fields of computer science, engineering, mathematics
- Experience in an analytical/customer facing role
- Ability to understand & learn different technologies, processes and approaches
- Strong Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Effective at building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communicator at all levels both orally and in written form
- Highly Experienced in working in a multi-disciplined team
- Proactive character, needs to want to make a difference
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Basic Project Management techniques
- Basic Process Management
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Understanding of SQL and relational databases
In return our client is offering a salary circa of £22,000 - £25,000 DOE with company benefits.
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.