Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are recruiting on behalf of an established and expanding recruitment company. Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Accounts Assistant.
Based in Bedford, great salary package and benefits and will also look to support you if you are studying for your AAT.
As part of the Accounts team of 4, you will be involved in assisting the Company Accountant in keeping the Accounting Records complete and up to date.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the Sales Ledger
- Maintaining the Purchase Ledger
- Responsible for reconciling Petty Cash records
- Responsible for Reconciling the Bank Accounts
- Responsible for ensuring all credit card transactions get put onto Sage
- Assisting the Company Accountant in any ad hoc duties
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales Ledger
- Timesheets: Responsible for building the timesheets and informing the schools that they are ready to be approved, liaising with consultants and Schools in order to resolve any disputes
- Invoices: Responsible for producing the Invoices for temporary and permanent positions on a weekly basis and sending/informing the schools that these are now ready for downloading
- Statements: Responsible for sending out Statements on a monthly basis
- Credit Control: Responsible for liaising with the Schools regarding any outstanding debts and referring the matters on to the Company Accountant as and when required
- Reports: Responsible for producing a weekly report of all debtors over 30 days old broken down into branches and consultants with any action required or taken.
- Purchase Ledger
- Payroll for Teachers: Responsible for downloading CSV reports for all payroll providers and ensuring that Invoices are received in a timely manner. Sorting out any discrepancies caused by non-registration
- Invoices: Responsible for entering all Invoices on to sage and the Virtual Cabinet. Responsible for retrieving Invoices from any online accounts, ie Daisy, Google, O2 etc
- Payments: Responsible for marking all weekly accounts for payment
- Reports: Responsible for producing a weekly report from the Purchase Ledger identifying any accounts that need payment or sorting out
- Petty Cash
- Sage: Responsible for getting the Petty Cash records from the different Branches and ensuring the transactions are entered onto Sage
- Reconciliation: Ensuring that the Petty Cash Records on Sage agree with the records from the Branches and the breakdown of Cash.
- Bank Accounts
- Facflow: Responsible for entering the discounting charges and service charges on to Sage. Responsible for Reconciling with the Bank Statements and reporting any corrections as required.
- Bank of Scotland: Responsible for entering the non bacs payments onto Sage. Responsible for Reconciling with the Bank Statements and reporting any carrections as required.
- Credit Cards
- Invoices: Responsible for obtaining all relevant Invoices/vouchers from the holders of the credit cards.
- Reconciliation: Responsible for ensuring all Invoices and Payments are entered onto Sage.
- Expenses: Responsible for obtaining all relevant expenses claims from the Consultants and other personnel and entering them on to Sage for payment. Then filing in the Virtual Cabinet.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- To be numerate
- An ability to work quickly and accurately
- An ability to work to deadlines
- An ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- To be computer literate
- To be honest, discreet and trustworthy
- An ability to work under pressure
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
- Accountancy Qualification or working towards one
- A working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts
- A working knowledge of Excel
- An understanding of the education supply business
- You will be in constant verbal contact with all staff in your team, your manager and all departments within the business.
- Annual remuneration: from £19,500 per annum.
- Company Pension
- Business mileage expense covered
Employment is full time and the normal working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.00hrs to 16.30hrs and Friday from 8.00hrs to 14.30hrs, totalling 40.5 hours per week.
Holiday entitlement is 20 days per annum (plus UK Bank Holidays) and Christmas closure allowance.
APPLY NOW for a swift interview!!!!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.