Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are working with an established and successful company based in Bedford. Due to their continued growth they are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their team.
The role is to provide account services for all the company. Achieve targets, develop the business and deliver an excellent and comprehensive service. Ensure that responsibilities are completed in accordance with Group and/or Company policies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Bank and allocate incoming cash and cheques
- Process cheque and electronic payments for all company bank accounts
- Process inter-group cash transfer requests for all company bank accounts
- Review and arrange authorisation of correctly processed payment requests
- Processing of entries onto company accounting and Banking systems
- Reconcile and maintain all bank and system records
- Process IBA credit card payments
- Deal with accounts queries promptly and efficiently
Skills and Abilities
- Previous Accounts experience
- Attention to detail with ability to produce accurate documentation
- Prioritisation and organisational skills
- Competent IT skills including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, and outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- GCSE's (or equivalent) including Grade A-C in English and Maths
In return our client is offering a salary between £18,000 - £20,000 DOE plus excellent benefit package
Hours of work will be Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.